Sunday, June 23, 2013

A productive and heartwarming day

What a day. Even if it didn't go as I planned, this day is better than I expected it to be. Planning doesn't really go well with me ever since because I find myself happier with spontaneity and surprises which we don't know when these things will appear. Perhaps, I'm the type of person who doesn't want to expect to avoid disappointments; anyhow, I do find joys occasionally in planned events as well. It's just not as fulfilling than unexpected events but I do appreciate them.

I change my mind really quick just like today. Last night, I was planning to stay at home the whole afternoon to finish Chuno, the drama that I've been trying to finish for 3 weeks now but then this morning just when I was eating my breakfast, I had a change of plans. I was getting ready to do an errand until I realized that I have more important things to do before that. So I quickly made up my mind to prioritize and fortunately, after lunch, I was able to get it done. Even if I was tired and I can already feel the pressure right in my head, I feel productive and blessed. 

After that, I got to accomplish two simple things that I've been wanting to get done with. First is getting my new pair of eyeglasses in my hands and second retrieving the corrupted files on my hard drive. I know these things can either be simple or huge tasks but since I don't do this often, I'm happy. 

Another unexpected thing happened when I watched The Voice of the Philippines. They were having blind auditions and if you are familiar with The Voice, then you have the idea of it. I wasn't expecting anything special really, I was just curious. Then there appeared an intriguing singer, intriguing because basing on the previews, Bamboo who happened to be one of the coaches cried. Her name is Lee Grane, a singer songwriter who does gigs for a living and aside from that if I'm not mistaken, she's the breadwinner in their family. So there goes the dramatic background which has already moved me. Of course The Voice is obviously a singing competition but to introduce those who will undergo auditions, they must talk about their lives first.

Honestly, I was caught off guard because I never expected such talent to exist here in the Philippines. She gave her own rendition of Anak, an iconic song in the Philippines by Freddie Aguilar. I have so much respect for the song because of its lyrics and meaning; and I know that in the future, it will be as influential as it is today. Goodness, this girl is amazing. What a pleasant surprise! The judges were obviously impressed but she only got Bamboo and Sarah G. to turn for her, the two judges whom she will choose from as her coach. Lea Salonga then asked her to sing an English song and she chose Sarah Mclachlan's Angel which she sang beautifully. No, that was an understatement, I was incredibly moved to tears by her rendition I was so emotional at it. I saw how deep of a person she is through her singing, it was unbelievably amazing. Team Lea and Team APL were obviously regretting but then they were happy to have her in The Voice of the Philippines. Of course she landed in the magical hands of Bamboo and I don't think anyone would deserve her other than this man. Great choice right there. I became an immediate fan of hers and I'm really looking forward to her team up with Bamboo in The Voice of the Philippines. 


No comments:

Post a Comment